Saturday, December 7, 2013

About My Mom


I finally managed to convince my Mom to play WoW!  She has chosen to play a Draenei Paladin, with the intention of speccing Holy. 
Mom’s Thoughts:
I picked a Draenei for a very specific reason - something in its description. “uncorrupted”. I can pronounce it. The home world is “Argus”, which has personal meaning.  And Orcs tried to wipe us out so Orcs are bad and that they tried to wipe us out is pissing me off.  And the Draenei base is on Azuremyst Isle and I love the colour azure and i like ‘mysts” instead of “mists” and i always wanted to live on an island. 
Why did i pick a paladin? It’s a hybrid class so there’s flexibility because i can either be a healer a tank or a DPS and I don’t know what DPS is but the fact that I could be a healer is why I picked that one. I read the other healers and, I don’t know, this seemed more versatile. i like that we have auras and blessings and seals that provide useful buffs for other players because that’s what I want to do, I want to help other players while withstanding heavy physical damage with plate armour and strong defensive abilities.  And paladins are considered to be holy knights. 
A paladin is always useful and I want to be useful. 
Healers are the only reason that I would ever consider playing.  Shaman was the other one I looked at but Paladins were more versatile. ‘healers are typically the second most in demand’
healers - hide around the corner and stay alive so you can help.  ’the best thing i can do in a battle is hide and not get dead and not attack anybody’

Edited in 2019 to add:
What Vier failed to mention is that I had never played any kind of computer game in my life before this. In fact, I had removed Solitaire and any other games from every computer I'd owned.

Vier's father was the game player in the family. We have a video of Vier aged 18 months loading a pinball game off an old 3.5-inch floppy disc and playing it.

Vier helped install and set-up Warcraft II when her father bought it.

Vier became terminally ill while we were playing WoW together and I always assumed that when she died, I would quit WoW.  That turned out not to be the case and now in 2019, two years after her death, I'm still playing Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment