Wednesday, July 1, 2015

An Achieve for a Pet, for an Achieve, for a Title. (for a real life craft. Phew!)

Achievement: Crazy For Cats
Achievement: Raiding with Leashes.


I'm still working on my Achievement "Crazy for Cats", to get the title "Crazy Cat Lady".  Today I am making a list of what I need to do to obtain my title.

For the Crazy for Cats achievement and title "Crazy Cat Lady" I need to obtain 20 of 25 specific cats on a list.

  • I have 14 of the cats. 
  • I need six more cat pets.
  • Four on the list are either unavailable or require hundreds of dollars.  Real life American Dollars.  That is not happening.
  • One is a World Drop that is proving to be very elusive.  
  • One is bought with a currency that you earn from Completing the Celestial Tournament. 
  • One is from the achievement "Raiding with Leashes".  I hope Mr. Kitty will help me with this, thus the list here.  Also, a lot of the pets in the Raiding with Leashes list are ones that are mentioned many times in guides for the Celestial Tournament. Specially Chrominius and Anubisath Idol, very powerful battle pets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Bigglesworth - Raiding with Leashes

Mr. Bigglesworth, the reward for "Raiding With Leashes", requires you to collect twelve specific pets, from four classic raids.

Question:  I have had some of the pets on this list given to me.  Will they count for the achievement or do I have to collect them all again from the raid?  Anyone know?  Please leave a comment if you know.  Thanks :)

The old world Raids and the pets needed for the Raiding with Leashes achievement are:

Blackwing Lair


  1. Chrominius, drops from Chromaggus in Nefarian's Lair.
  2. Death Talon Whelpguard, drops from Broodlord Lashlayer in the Crimson Laboratories, and, 
  3. Untamed Hatchling, I have one, drops from Razorgore the Untamed in the Dragonmaw Garrison.

Molten Core:

  1. Corefire Imp drops from Magmadar.
  2. Harbinger of Flame drops from Sulfuron Harbinger.
  3. Ashstone CoreI have one, drops from Golemagg the Incinerator.

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj

  1. Anubisath Idol drops from Emperor Vek'lor in The Hive Undergrounds.
  2. Viscidus Globule drops from Viscidus in The Hive Undergrounds.
  3. Mini Mindslayer, I have one, drops from The Prophet Skeram at The Temple Gates.

Naxxramas


  1. Fungal Abomination drops from Loatheb in The Plague Quarter.
  2. Stitched Pup drops from Gluth in The Construct Quarter.
  3. Giant Bone Spider, I have one, drops from Maexxna [crap ~ A Giant Red Spider!] in The Arachnid Quarter.  Yum!  Spiders! 
Okay, if I get Mr. Bigglesworth that means I need five more:

- one is no longer available. [Guardian Cub] I wish I had overcome my aversion to purchasing pets in the Blizzard Shop before they discontinued it! :(

- one [Spectral Cub] was from a Shanghai promotion in 2012.  Nope, not gonna get that one!

- two [Nightsaber Cub, Spectral Tiger Cub] are TCG, Trading Card Game, pets.  I do NOT understand the Trading Card Game, it doesn't seem like much of a "game" to me.  You buy cards, [in real life with real money!] hope to get the one you need with a code, to enter into the WoW game, to get the pet.  If the card/code you need isn't in the package, you buy another one.  And another, and another, and another ... hmmm, ... ... money much?

- one, Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen, you buy with 3 Celestial Coins.  To get a Celestial Coin, you must win the Celestial Tournament and it's associated quest, The Rainy Day is Here.  To ENTER the Tournament, you need 15 level 25 pets.  You can only enter the tournament once per week, per account[not even per character, per account!].  You must complete the tournament in one go.  You may not use your "revive pets" function. This is a Guide [Celestial Tournament with 18 pets] with all the hoary details!

- one is a Profession Crafted Pet, [Sapphire Cub] which means, usually, lots of in-game Gold!

- one, Panther Cub, is a Quest Reward.  Easy, peasy, go do a quest, get a cat pet.  Ha!  The quest "Some Good Will Come", is the thirteenth quest in a nineteen quest chain! This comment lists the quest chain with links to them all. (Hold the Phone!  The wowhead page for the reward item "Panther Cub", also lists three vendors under the "sold by" tab!  As soon as I get this post published, I'll hop in game and after I do my chores, head off to check out those vendors and see if I can just buy one for 50 silver! will edit with what I discover.)

- Cheetah Cub is a pet battle in the Northern Barrens, which I'm off to shortly!.

- Siamese Cat, is sold by the Exotic Creatures Vendor Dealer Rashaad, located in Netherstorm, Outland.  Who I had been avoiding because I loathe that zone.  Then I was avoiding it because since WoD dropped, I don't know how to get to Outland.  So, I guess I will go figure it out once I have my Cheetah Cub in my Journal and I've wasted time on grinding for the Black Tabby!

That should about do it.  I've made a lot of progress since I last looked all this up.  With this linked list now, I should never have to re-do this research again!  If I am very lucky and Blessed by the RNG Gods, I may be able to get 3 or 4 of the last six I need tonight.  That would just leave Mr. Bigglesworth and Xu-Fu!

Wish Me Luck, Nor

[an aside: Red Bear, in real life, crafted me a "Crazy Cat Lady" journal/mini-album because, in real life, I AM a Crazy Cat Lady and I think I may natter on occasionally about working for the achievement in WoW. ...   Me? ...  Natter?  ...  Maybe just a bit! ... ...  Plus ~ I made a rule for myself that I can't craft the album up with pictures and stuff until I get the title. Because ... ... reasons.]

No comments:

Post a Comment